• YOPEY is 'Creating Tomorrow's Great Citizens Today'. • YOPEY runs Befriender schemes where young people befriend lonely care homes residents, many living with dementia.
• YOPEY Befrienders take part in publicity to give the younger generation a fairer image in the media. • By doing this YOPEY improves relations between the generations, including reducing the elderly's fear of teenagers. It also reduces the stigma associated with dementia.
• YOPEY is supported by grants from charitable trusts and by care homes paying for their own YOPEY Befriender scheme. Other companies can sponsor schemes and be promoted in return.
• From 2005 to 2017 YOPEY ran over 80 Young People of the Year campaigns to give young people a fairer image in the media. Thousands of young people took part from charity fundraisers and youth leaders to young people who have turned their lives around – all being positive role models for the younger generation.
• All these campaigns and the positive press they generated are now archived on this website but can still be seen by the public and continue to promote the participants as positive role models.
Previous page - Page: 3 of 2